[mapguide-users] lost password in upgrade to 1.2

NorTrond trond.tunheim at cellvision.com
Thu Nov 22 07:21:37 EST 2007

Hi,

I had the same problem when I tried to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2. I completly
uninstalled 1.1 (killing all process associated with it) and rebooted the
server before installing 1.2. When I had installed 1.2 I could not log into
the webadmin. I looked in the service panel and tried to restart the
Mapguide Server service, but if was hanging!!. I then tried to reinstall the
1.2 with the same result. I also noticed an event i the System log that said
: "Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!"
It seems that the 1.2 Mapguide Service has some sort of bug in it that makes
it chrash and hang, at least on my system.

The end of the story is that I uninstalled 1.2 and reverted back to 1.1. Now
I am waiting for 2.0 to be released.

Trond