[mapguide-users] Confusing about reload runtime map

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at CSOGIS.DE
Thu Nov 22 08:35:33 EST 2007

OK I've found out how to change my code that this works again.
I had to open the map with the MapName not with the ResourceIdentifier:

MgMap map = new MgMap();
MgResourceIdentifier mapId = new MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" +
MgSessionId + @"//" + MapName + "." + MgResourceType.Map);
map.Open(ResourceService, MapName); // map.Open(ResourceService, mapId) -
That's wrong

But I'm still confused because I don't know what the difference is between
opening a runtime map with the ResourceIdentifier or the MapName. Until now
I supposed that these both methods have the same result. Maybe someone can
explain this behavior. Was it a bug in the former release of MapGuide or is
it one now?

Gunter