[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.0 Beta1 vs 1.2 performance

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Nov 22 11:41:50 EST 2007

Is your map polygon feature heavy by any chance? In general having many small polygons will make less difference than having a few very large polygons, due to the huge difference in pixel fill rate between the two renderers. Our GD renderer uses a custom polygon rasterizer routine that is extremely fast (but output is not antialiased). There are ways to optimize AGG fill rate, but I have not yet had time to do that.

Another thing that could cause such a difference is if you have huge amounts of labels in there.

But either way there is no excuse for GD taking 10 seconds now when it only took 2 seconds in 1.2 and that must be fixed. Is it possible for you to send a screenshot -- it may be helpful in determining what's going wrong.

Traian