[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.0 Beta1 vs 1.2 performance

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 11:30:37 EST 2007

Oh, right.  OpenLayers (the library that handles the map image)
automatically buffers non-tiled images by a certain amount to give
some 'continuity' when panning.  By default, the ratio applied is 1.5
I think, so it requests an image 1.5 x wider and higher.

We need to add an option to the Map tag in the ApplicationDefinition
to allow adjusting the ratio used by OpenLayers.  I've filed an
enhancement bug in trac for this (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/327
).

Cheers

Paul