[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.0 Beta1 vs 1.2 performance

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Thu Nov 22 09:07:03 EST 2007

here is my test today with GG and AGG

mg2.0+AGG-fusion 17 sec
mg2.0+AGG+fusion  30 sec
mg2.0+GD-fusion 10 sec
mg2.0+GD+fusion    20 sec

GD seems faster than AGG

A little precision, i have a huge screen resolution 1900x1200
I did my test full screen

I have also noticed something, the image generated by fusion is a lot larger
than the one without fusion.
We see it when we pan, the image is about 20% bigger than what we see on the
screen.
20% bigger in 4 direction make the image about twice big.
And with a resolution of 1900x1200 this could explain the gap in performance
with or without fusion.

Bruno