[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.0 Beta1 vs 1.2 performance

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Wed Nov 21 17:58:07 EST 2007

The performance difference can be attributed to the fact that this is a Beta version being compared to a Release version.

Some things to consider:
- 1.2 used the GD renderer, whereas, 2.0 is using the new AGG renderer (looks much better)
- there are several places in the code that have not been optimized yet (algorithms, memory usage, thread usage, etc...)
- Fusion is a brand new feature of the 2.0 release and has not been optimized either
- this is a Beta and doesn't necessarily reflect the final release code. :)

Thanks,
Bruce