[mapguide-users] Trouble with rendering service

Monego, Daniel MonegoDJ at cdm.com
Thu Nov 29 14:02:56 EST 2007

I've been having trouble getting the rendering service to produce
readable output. I'm using the .NET extensions with mapguide enterprise
2007 and the king oracle provider and trying to output the image to the
browser by transferring the MgByteReader into a byte array and then
writing it directly to a page response.

This creates a byte array, but when I read that array to the page or try
to save it to disk, it fails to display as an image - in IE it displays
as a red X, and the file isn't readable by any image viewers. I've tried
with both "PNG" and "JPG" as type strings, with similar results.

Is this the result of calling the service incorrectly? Right now I'm
using the call method that uses only them map, selection, and type
specifier.

-Dan