[mapguide-users] Insert Order In MySql Affect to the MapGuide Selection?

ary sucaya ary.sucaya at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 15:03:17 EST 2007

Hii group,

I'm not sure either this is a problem of MySql or MGOS 1.2. I created some multipolygon in MySql 5.0.45 and I found a problem regarding to interactive selection:
Some of my multipolygon selected when i clicked my mouse outside it's boundary. Furthermore, MGOS give me a wrong selection result, for example, if i do click on a small multipolygon A then the big multipolygon B would be selected. It's look like the biggest part of small mpolygon A occupied by the big mpolygon B. I made a little bit experiment on this issue. I change the order of records insertion meaning that i insert the smallest multipolygon first and bigger multipolygon subsequently and the problem is gone. This problem doesn't happen if i store the data in sdf format instead of MySql. What's wrong with MySql (or probably MGOS 1.2)?

Thanks,

Ary Sucaya