[mapguide-users] MGOS 2 build freezing on Ubuntu 7.10

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Nov 29 16:12:04 EST 2007

Hmm.  Maybe I'll max mine out and see if I can get a faster build :)

I've attached a .patch to the ticket that will fix the Makefile.am with
these changes.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/347

The easiest way to apply this patch (and others from Trac):

 sudo apt-get install curl

 cd ~/mgsvn/Web/src/CgiAgent

 curl
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/attachment/ticket/347/CgiAgent_Makefile.a
m.patch?format=raw | patch

Then you just go back to the ~/mgsvn and start again from "Go for the
gusto".  Note, I haven't actually tried this without cleaning up
first... not sure how the automake/autoconf thing deals with modified
makefiles.

Some other tools that are useful:

 sudo apt-get install subversion-tools

Running svn-clean will remove any files that are not under version
control, so it cleans up nicely after a build.  Before running a clean
build, I clear out the /usr/local/ fdo and mapguide directories, run
svn-clean on ~/fdosvn and ~/mgsvn, and then do an svn update.

Jason