[mapguide-users] Managed vs. Unmanaged feature sources

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Oct 2 09:54:46 EDT 2007

Manged pros:
- Users are unable to tinker with resources inside the server
- Contained in resource packages
- Easy backup / restore of server config

Unmanaged pros:
- User defined folder structures
- Ability to use datasources from multiple disks
- Easier to integrate with file based backup systems

The cons would be just about the oposite.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S