[mapguide-users] GetCapabilities with wrong IP

Thomas M. Tuerke thomas.m.tuerke at autodesk.com
Mon Oct 8 11:19:11 EDT 2007

Verify that the server config is functioning.  Examine the actual config file on your server installation; look for the file

.../Wms/OgcWmsService.config.awd

And see what's present at around line 39.  You should see

38  <!-- The URL elements.  Change to suit, as this is reported -->
39  <Define item="SERVER_NAME">localhost:8008</Define>
40  <Define item="SCRIPT_NAME">/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi</Define>

... or something similar for these two definitions.  This is what the WMS component is using to generate WMS responses, so if they're wrong, you'll need to modify them.

Definitions on line 25-36 should also be set, but these are informational metadata, not used to build the URL.  Lines 42-46 should not be modified.

(Note that the line numbers are keyed off the default file as seen at

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Server/src/Wms/OgcWmsService.config.awd

and your line numbers may vary, based on prior modifications.)

HTH

- Thomas