[mapguide-users] job opportunities

r0ss r0ss at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 13 21:14:41 EDT 2007

We are a large Canadian based company that is currently building a large
enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) Internet geospatial operating system
using open source technologies.  We need to expand our team with several top
notch Internet developers to participate in the design and implementation
our new product offerings.

We would like to build an extremely talented team (employees and / or
contract employees) with very innovative and creative people.  We are
looking to build the core platform on Linux based servers and the skills we
require are listed below.

The successful intermediate to senior internet developer will be required
to:

Core competencies
. lead systems development, provide project estimates, development
leadership and mentorship and technical leadership (a consulting background
is preferred) . participate in analysis, design, development and support of
technical solutions (agile development methodology preferred) . provide
development and design expertise to support developed solutions (use case
development and data modelling experience) . experience with formal
regression testing methods, principles and objectives . a passion for
developing consistent, attractive, usable, scalable and maintainable web
user interfaces . highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who
strives for innovation and new ways of doing things . strong analytical and
problem-solving skills . excellent organizational skills . the ability to
work under tight project schedules . a total-service attitude to assigned
tasks and responsibilities . a results-driven focus . excellent
communications skills with other team members as well as the broader open
source community . a passion for developing consistent, attractive, usable,
scalable, and maintainable web user interfaces

Technical competencies
. practical and highly proficient experience developing maintainable web
sites in JavaScript, CSS, XML, PHP, Java and .NET (C# for legacy
applications) development languages (C++ is a nice to have), we are building
a "Web 2.0" style application . experience with Oracle 10g (and 11g) with
spatial data manipulated with SDO_geom packages . experience building web
services (SOAP, RESTful services) and application programming interfaces .
familiarity with enterprise-level application development particularly
multi-tenant applications . excellent web UI design and implementation
skills . affinity for the development of efficient and scalable portal
applications . knowledge of many open source map application such as
MapServer, MapGuide Open Source, GeoServer, FDO and  others . very strong
understanding of the OGC specifications (WMS, WCS, SLD, WFS, Gazetteer
services and geospatial portals and more) . experience with Windows 2003 and
IIS 6 deployments . experience with Linux servers and Apache deployments

Education
. bachelor of computer science / computer engineering degree (masters
preferred) or equivalent job experience

This opportunity offers tremendous professional growth to motivated
individuals (and we may be interested in building a remote team of the right
people).  Starting salary will be negotiated and awarded based on experience
and qualifications.

If this opportunity excites you either as an employee or contractor, please
email your CV to r0ss AT Shaw DOT ca