[mapguide-users] Failed to process the given spatial condition

simon hope simonh at geobiz.co.nz
Sun Oct 14 20:51:01 EDT 2007

Hi, (sorry me again..)

I've created a service to request features from ArcSDE via the Mapguide.Net
web API based upon a spatial extent. I have tested a number of methods and i
am getting this error:

An exception occurred in FDO component. Failed to process the given spatial
condition.
An exception occurred in FDO component. Failed to process the given spatial
condition. Exception occurred in method
MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures at line 243 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp

1. Using a non spatial filter works ok i.e:

	mgQryOptions.SetFilter("ELEVATION > 2000");

2. Using SetFilter passing in a WKT representation of the spatial extent.
This does not work and I get the message above:

	mgQryOptions.SetFilter(SDE_GEOM_FIELD+" INTERSECTS
GEOMFROMTEXT('"+polyWKT+"')");

3. Using the web tier tests i have replicated the above method. This does
not work and I get the same message above:

	 shape INTERSECTS GEOMFROMTEXT('POLYGON((-106.921875 44.8125, -106.921875
44.945313, -106.75 44.945313, -106.75 44.8125, -106.921875 44.8125))')

4. Using a spatial filter. This does not work and I get the same message
above

		//spatial filter method
		MgPolygon polyFrmWkt;
		MgWktReaderWriter wktReaderWriter = new MgWktReaderWriter();

		//set the polyFrmWkt and convert it to nad27
		polyFrmWkt = wktReaderWriter.Read(polyWKT, coordSysTransform84to27) as
MgPolygon;

		//dispatch query
                mgQryOptions.SetSpatialFilter(SDE_GEOM_FIELD, polyFrmWkt,
MgFeatureSpatialOperations.Intersects);

I'm using MGOS v1.2 and ArcSDE 9.2 SP3 - here the entry from the provider
config:

  <FeatureProvider>
    <Name>OSGeo.ArcSDE.3.2</Name>
    <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for ArcSDE </DisplayName>
    <Description>Read/write access to an ESRI ArcSDE-based data store, using
Oracle and SQL Server. </Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>3.2.2.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.2.2.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
    <LibraryPath>C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\ArcSDEProvider92.dll</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>

I've tested the same process on ArcSDE 9.2 without service packs and ArcSDE
9.2 with SP2 and SP3 all of which gave me the same results. If anyone could
point me in the direction of where to look to dig a little deeper that would
be a great help?

Cheers

Simon