[mapguide-users] Where to Next?

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Tue Oct 16 10:13:11 EDT 2007

I've run out of ideas and need some guidance on how to resolve this.

Problem:
I have a point layer based on an ODBC connection to a SQL Server 2000
database that works on a UAT server.
When packaged up and loaded onto a production server, no data displays
for the layer when the layout containing it is viewed in the ajax
viewer. No error is returned.

The DSNs on UAT and Production both use the SQL Server driver, have the
same name, and the database credentials and structure are the same.
There is data in the Production database.

I have another point layer based on a table in another database on the
same instance of SQL Server on the production server that works.

I cannot check the data source, etc using Studio as Studio will not
connect to the production server ('Unexpected error contacting site
URL').

MapGuide 6.3 will read the data for the problem layer using the DSN on
the production server.

Any ideas?

Keith

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.