[mapguide-users] Mapguide and Oracle: The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException

CDM - Federica De Martin tecnico at gpingegneria.it
Wed Oct 17 11:54:42 EDT 2007

Hi!
I have got some problems loading data with MapGuide Open Source. First of all I have WindowsXP and I'm using MapGuide Studio Preview version and I try to connect to Oracle database.
If I try to use:
"OSGEO Fdo Provider for SHP" everything's ok (Connection Successfull...);
"OSGEO Fdo Provider for Raster" Connection is Successfull  but then I cannot view the data in a layer or map preview;
"OSGEO Fdo Provider for ODBC" I cannot connect to any data type (not only Oracle) and I always get:
   System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.
      in Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.Comm.RequestManager.ExecutePendingGetRequestToString(Operation operation)
      in Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.Comm.RequestManager.TestConnection(String resourceId, String provider, String connectionString)
      in Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.FeatureSourceInfo.TestConnection()
      in Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.UI.FeatureSourceEditors.TestConnectionControl.buttonTestConnection_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
I've controlled in c:\programmi\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\provider.xml and the ODBC provider is correctly listed.
I get the same error if I try to connect with "King provider for Oracle".
In my opinion it isn't a problem of parameters but I've tried so many combination that now I'm not still so sure... it would be also useful
if someone can tell me how parameters had to be set. This is an example of mine:
      <FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
        <Provider>OSGeo.ODBC.3.2</Provider>
        <Parameter>
          <Name>UserId</Name>
          <Value>gis</Value>
        </Parameter>
        <Parameter>
          <Name>Password</Name>
          <Value>gis</Value>
        </Parameter>
        <Parameter>
          <Name>DataSourceName</Name>
          <Value>ubuntuXE</Value>
        </Parameter>
        <Parameter>
          <Name>ConnectionString</Name>
          <Value></Value>
        </Parameter>
        <Parameter>
          <Name>GenerateDefaultGeometryProperty</Name>
          <Value></Value>
        </Parameter>
      </FeatureSource>

I hope someone has already faced this problem and can help me to make it work!
Thank you all.