[mapguide-users] Databases PostGIS/ ArcSDE / Oracle spatial

Berdel, Brian brian.berdel at mcmtrans.com
Wed Oct 17 14:03:33 EDT 2007

We are going to migrate everything into spatial databases, but I wanted
to get some feedback from the group if possible on your experiences with
the different products. We currently have SQL 2005 and I am very
comfortable with it, from what I can tell the only spatial product that
is compatible is
ArcSDE.  Is that true?  Also, I believe you need to purchase the full
ArcGIS server suite now.

Secondly how is PostGIS / PostgreSQL? Pro's Con's?

I develop in .NET so I would like to use SQL 2005 if possible.

Brian  Berdel
McMahon Associates, Inc.
p: 215.283.9444
www.mcmtrans.com