[mapguide-users] Forcing MgByteReader download prompt in IE7 (asp.net)

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Oct 22 04:47:06 EDT 2007

I have it working (for a unrelated project):

System.IO.FileInfo f = new System.IO.FileInfo(strFilename);
Response.Clear();
Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", f.Length.ToString());
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" +
System.IO.Path.GetFilename(strFilename) + ";size=" f.Length.ToString());

... code to read from file and write to Response.OutputStream ....

The length stuff enables the progressbar in IE or FF.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S