[mapguide-users] Forcing MgByteReader download prompt in IE7 (asp.net)

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Oct 22 05:41:09 EDT 2007

Some extra info/discoveries.

I basically have a "Plot DWF" invoke script command on the AJAX viewer
toolbar, which basically opens my DWF Plot script (which contains the code I
posted) in a new window.

But for some reason or another, Internet Explorer 7 "ignores" the
content-disposition header when opened in a new window. Whereas Firefox/IE 6
correctly display the download prompt.

So my current workaround is currently a very ugly hack of putting a browser
check in the invoke script command, and if it was ie7, to post that script
to the formframe (where it actually works!), otherwise to open that script
in a new window.

Ugh, why must microsoft make my life so difficult??? >:-(

- Jackie