[mapguide-users] Building MGOS 1.2 on Ubuntu Server 7.04

Ray Holtz ray at rayholtz.com
Tue Oct 23 15:19:19 EDT 2007

Thanks Jo,
I told Rudy the wrong package,  'build-essential' is what I found I
needed. I posted an explanation a minute or two ago.  I also updated the
wiki at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Building_Mapguide_on_Ubuntu_7.04_Server
with that package.

You don't know how much pain and torment I went through trying to
install Mapguide on Ubuntu 6.06, and Fedora Core 4 and 6 systems until I
found your wiki page.  It was a lifesaver for me.  I have been working
on this off and on since May for a client. It is finally up and running.

Thanks for your help with this write up, and for helping all of us!
Ray