[mapguide-users] Major Feature Join Problems

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Oct 29 23:46:48 EDT 2007

Hello List,

I am experiencing, major problems with Feature Joins in MGOS 1.2.

When I create a Feature Join from a SDF feature source to an ODBC data
source, the fill styles of the joined feature source, will randomly change
as you pan and zoom around the map.

I've described the problem in detail here.
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/230

I wasn't fussed about the ticket being filed invalid, because I was able to
workaround the problem by exporting straight to SDF, instead of exporting to
SHP -> convert to SDF at the load procedure.

But now I am experiencing the same problem, even when exporting straight to
SDF.

Now I am majorly concerned, because having our spatial data themed by joined
data in a live ODBC data source is a fundamental requirement of the maps we
create. If mapguide is rendering them incorrectly, then feature joins (and
MapGuide, to some effect) is totally useless to us.

I've already pursued this case w/ Autodesk support (legit, as the problem
also occurs in our MG Enterprise 2k8 server), and I've heard nothing from
them since...

- Jackie