[mapguide-users] Fluctuating Cursor Accuracy

IT-Joe Marvin JMarvin at redwoodcity.org
Wed Oct 31 16:40:08 EDT 2007

It could be related, but I don't think it is the same.

On initial load of the map, a gap (approx 15 pixels high) appears in the
map window underneath the toolbar and above the map.  This gap causes
the cursor to be "off" by the same 15 pixels.  So the users have to
click 15 pixels higher on the map to compensate.

I've been able to replicate this problem on IE6, IE7, and Firefox.

Things that do *not* fix the problem include zooming and panning.  These
functions work but do not impact the gap.

Things that do fix the problem include resizing the entire window or
resizing the layers pane.  If you do either of these, the gap will
disappear and the cursor will be accurate again.

I've attached screenshots of the initial page load (with the gap) and
another screenshot after I resized the layer panel with the gap gone.

BTW, I tried the fix of the templ file mentioned in another post, but it
did not seem to impact them problem. (I'm assuming that I can just
change templ files and they are immediately live)

-joe