[mapguide-users] Connecting to remote files using mapagent ?

Mansoureh Sadrykia m_sadrykia at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 09:48:37 EDT 2007

Hi List!

  I try to access to a folder of shp files in a LAN. I defined the directory of my SHPs - which are shared in the network- in my xml content as %MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[san-diego]%, in which san-diego is alias and the path is \\192.168.0.51\San Diego. (192.168.0.51 is IP address of my computer).
  When I try to access this feature source an error occures which says " the feature source is invalid, an exception occured in FDO component. the directory does not exist". I don't know how I should get permissions to read the remote data stores.
  Please help me to find a way to access shp files in LAN.

  Thanks in Advance,

Jackie Ng <jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au> wrote:

Are you using MGOS 1.2? This is a new feature of that version.

- Jackie