[mapguide-users] Connecting to remote files using mapagent ?

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Sat Sep 1 13:00:21 EDT 2007

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:48:37 -0700, Mansoureh Sadrykia
<m_sadrykia at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I try to access to a folder of shp files in a LAN. I defined the
> directory of my SHPs - which are shared in the network- in my xml
> content as %MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[san-diego]%, in which san-diego is alias
> and the path is \\192.168.0.51\San Diego. (192.168.0.51 is IP address of
> my computer).
>
>   When I try to access this feature source an error occures which says
> "the feature source is invalid, an exception occured in FDO component.
> The directory does not exist". I don't know how I should get permissions
> to read the remote data stores.

We typically don't use the "%MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[san-diego]%" syntax when
running unmanaged FeatureSources on our MGOS servers; we just put in the
UNC path "\\192.168.0.51\San Diego" (by the way, I'd avoid paths
containing SPACE characters -- still bad juju for Windows machines).

--
James Card
209-578-5580