[mapguide-users] Problems adding polygon to temporary layer

nikp nik.peters at atkinsglobal.com
Mon Sep 10 06:36:24 EDT 2007

ok, code attached. The main method I use is 'createTempParcels'. The object
ParcelProperty is merely a class that holds property values pertaining to
aspects of a Parcel.

Paul Spencer-5 wrote:

> Perhaps you could post your code so we can take a look?
>
> Paul
>
> On 10-Sep-07, at 5:54 AM, nikp wrote:
>

>> I know the map is visible on the map (Well, at least it was set to
>> visible
>> programmatically!). I also know the layer IS being added to the
>> map, as it
>> shows up in the TOC list on the left of the map. I have also tried
>> turning
>> all the other layers off (making them invisible) to see if it were
>> the issue
>> of them being below other layers, and the polygons still didn't
>> show up.
>>
>> So, I guess that the issue is either 1. or 3.
>>

>> Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>>>
>>> There are a copule of common reasons for that:
>>> 1. The layer in the map is not referencing the temporary
>>> featuresource,
>>> but the permanent
>>> 2. The layer is not visible in the map
>>> 3. The layer is out of scale range
>>> 4. The layer is below another visible layer
>>>
>>> My guess is that you have hit #1.
>>> When you create the temporary resource, you must also create a
>>> copy of
>>> the layer,
>>> and update the layers featuresource to point at the temporary
>>> featuresource.
>>>
>>> So, steps are:
>>> 1. Get layerdefinition
>>> 2. Update the resourceid of the featuresource to match the temporary
>>> featuresource
>>> 3. Save the updated layer definition
>>> 4. Change the runtime map to use the newly created temporary layer