[mapguide-users] RE: Postgis/mapguide

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Sep 13 03:03:38 EDT 2007

If you are able to connect to the datasource, there should be no problem
displaying it.

These are the steps to follow:
1. Create a datasource
2. Point it to the PostGIS database
3. Click "Test connection"
4. When it works, save the datasource.
5. Create a new layer
6. Point the layer to the datasource.
7. Select the table to use.
8. Style the point, line and area to your pleasing.
9. Save the layer.
10. Create a mapdefinition.
11. Select the correct projection for the data.
12. Add the layer to the map, make sure you have "Layer is initially
visble in the map" checked.
13. Save the map.
14. Create a new WebLayout.
15. Select the map.
16. Save the WebLayout.

After item 7, you should be able to preview your data, using the
"Preview" feature.
Item 8 is where you could set up filters and the like.

You can repeat item 12, if you have many layers.

If the above does not help, try to explain where it goes wrong.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S