[mapguide-users] MapGuide Automated Tiling Engine 1.2

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Tue Sep 25 21:17:33 EDT 2007

Kori,

The tiling engine rocks!

This will make a huge difference in the perception of Mapguide's
performance for my users.

I did have trouble running it on a XP box that is a development machine.
This machine has 2gb ram and a 3.4 Ghz pentium processor. In creating
the 5th of 7 tiling groups, the tiling engine appeared to hang after
1922 tiles in this 5th group. The CPU had very little activity and both
mgserver and fmtilingengine were not using any CPU or much memory. It
was hung on that tile for about an hour before I aborted. I did not have
any trouble running on a similar machine with Win 2003 server as the OS.

Thank you very much for this really useful tool!

George McLean