[mapguide-users] help drawing on map use Mapguide 1.2 api

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Apr 8 04:14:18 EDT 2008

The easy way of doing this, would be to create a featuresource that
points to the database.
If the database has x,y columns, that would enable this without programming.
You can style the points (size, symbol, color, theme etc) in a layer.

If you want to do something more advanced, you must create a temporary
featuresource, and insert your data into this temporary source.
Then you can create/re-use a layer to display this data.
There is C# code for this in the buffer sample, in the viewer folder of
the installation.
You can get the developer guide and API help files from the program
shortcut that was installed when you installed MapGuide (assuming you
did no de-select the documentation).

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S