[mapguide-users] Mapguide with SQL Server 2000

Keith Campbell keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Wed Apr 16 05:40:48 EDT 2008

If you want to map point data held in a SQL Server 2000 database, there must
be numeric fields containing the X and Y coordinates. You can then use the
ODBC provider to set up the datasource for a layer. You cannot use SQl
Server 2000 for other feature types (lines, polygons). The King Provider for
SQL Server does enable these types but only for SQL 2005 I believe.

Once the data source and layer are set-up, you can access these
programmatically using the Web API
(http://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/webapi/index.htm) solely, or
you can use in combination with .NET to access the attribute data.

In addition you can join attribute data held in SQL Server with geographic
data held in another format such as SDF.

Hope this helps,

Keith