[mapguide-users] Precision when selecting polygons

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Wed Apr 16 11:37:04 EDT 2008

MySQL only does Envelope operations.

For example when selecting MapGuide might do an Intersect spatial operation; however, MySQL (at least version 5 and earlier) only does Envelope Intersects so you won't always get the results you expect depending on how the polygons sit next to each other.

This is a known issue with MySQL. I'm not sure if they have resolved this in later versions.

Regards,
Dave