[mapguide-users] Writing data to a shapefile example?

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Apr 28 14:16:02 EDT 2008

All data in MapGuide is accessed through the FDO interface.
This means that reading or modifying data is done in the same manner,
regardless of the underlying data type.
Like ODBC, but for spatially enabled datasources.

I'm not sure that the Shape provider supports writing, but if it does,
you can use the "buffer" example.
Since you do not write what programming language or OS you have, I
assume Windows and PHP.
Look in the folder:
C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtension\www\mapviewerphp\buffer.php

The examples shows how to create a new datastore and inserts a feature
with attribute data into it.
You should be able to deduce how to delete and update, by looking at the
code.
If not, please ask again.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S