[mapguide-users] Writing data to a shapefile example?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Apr 28 14:21:51 EDT 2008

We researched this awhile back for a project and found parts of  it not to
be possible with the existing FDO API functionality.  The biggest problems:
you cannot create a new Shape file programmatically, and you cannot modify
an existing Shape files schema.  It may be possible to have empty dummy
Shape files in the repository with the proper schema definition and then
write data into them, then copy the shape file, etc., however.

It also may be possible to modify existing Shape files, but I have not seen
any examples where this is done.  The General Tasks Shareable Markups
example is good for SDF creation and modification though.
http://data.mapguide.com/mapguide/gt/index.php

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com