[mapguide-users] How to export a WebLayouts toolbox and menu configuration

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Fri Aug 1 11:15:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 06:35:04 -0700, stoff <mail at effing.org> wrote:

> is it possible to export/import the mapguide Weblayout configuration of
> the toolbox/contextmenu/task -commands? I don't want to repeat all
> changes in the configuration on every machine I deploy ... or is it
> possible to put it into a package?

Yes, it is possible to create a package that contains just a single web
layout.

It will contain a reference to the map resource. If you wanted to use the
same toolbox/contextmenu/task setting in a layout that references a
different map you might be better to save the layouts as XML files and
then merge the toolbox/contextmenu/task sections from the source XML file
into the target XML, then reload the modified XML file for the layout onto
the target server.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.