[mapguide-users] trouble replicating interstate symbol definition

Jonathan Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Thu Aug 7 11:40:04 EDT 2008

I have been using Studio to create my symbol definitions, and in its
current form, your symbol gave an error. However, removing the
<SimpleSymbol> and <RenderingPass> tags allowed me to save the symbol
definition. Yet, I got the same result with this--nothing showed up on
screen when I created the line. So, I tried substituting this into a
<CompoundSymbolDefinition> along with some lines drawn representing a
road, and only the road lines showed up on screen.

I have tried encoding my image as well, using a site I found that
converts a file to base64, and that hasn't worked for me either.
One question though: when I encoded my image, the base64 string was a
lot longer, probably 10x or more as long. Does that seem normal? The
image itself is under 6k.

Thanks for your help.