[mapguide-users] How to export a WebLayouts toolbox and menu configuration

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Aug 11 15:17:08 EDT 2008

If you right click the WebLayout after it has been created, you can
choose something like "Save to Xml...".
This is the xml file.

 From Studio, you cannot restore the file, but you have 2 options:
1. Go to:
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
Click "Resource" (top-left) and "SetResource" (bottom-left)
On the right, enter the full path of the target WebLayout, eg.:
Library://myfolder/mylayout.WebLayout
Browse the "Content" file, and select the xml file.
Click "Submit".

2. Download Maestro:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro
You have 2 options:
a) Create a new WebLayout.
Click "Edit Xml" (button on the top toolbar)
Paste your new xml into the box.
Click "OK"
Click the "Save" icon (button on the top toolbar)
b) Create a new WebLayout
Save it.
Right click it, and select "Load from Xml"

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S