[mapguide-users] Again question about Eastern european charset & king.oracle

Dragan Podvezanec dragan.podvezanec at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 03:33:35 EDT 2008

Hi all.

I'm stuck with eastern european characters (č,š,ž,đ) and Oracle.

I tried different NLS_LANG parameters on client (which is also the server),
and always have some kind of errors. What is most strange to me is that
FDO2FDO tool shows those characters without errors, and Mapguide OS doesn't
show those characters (in MapFrame), although they use same provider. So,
where does some charset conversion take place?

Here is my setup:

MGOS and Oracle on same machine, all regional settings and languages on
croatian, database charset WIN1250 (I can't change this because of possible
data loss). NLS_LANG parameter in registry is CROATIAN_CROATIA.EE8MSWIN1250

FDO2FDO, Toad, and other dB tools: OK
MGOS Viewer with king.Oracle provider: NOT ok, characters don't show or ?
shows instead.