[mapguide-users] Fusion + Oracle datasource problem

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:51:37 EDT 2008

The problem in this particular case is that Fusion unnecessarily
enumerates the full schema of all the layers during initialization,
which for the Oracle provider in particular is very slow.  The ajax
viewer takes a different approach and defers schema enumeration until
it is necessary for some other reason.  We will be attempting to
implement the same approach in Fusion so that the startup time (to get
the app loaded and the first map drawn) is as short as possible.

Cheers

Paul