[mapguide-users] MGE2009 crashing

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 11:39:30 EDT 2008

server is down it's the  /. effect

I am seeing this on XP/2003 with Apache and php / java as well. I think the
problem
lies in the mgserver side rather than anything in the webtier.

2.0.1 is still not stable enough, using tiled maps helped a lot, but it's
still a gamble.

I ended up developing a workaround which involves bypassing the MapGuide
server
altogether for tiled maps, using openlayers and a static copy of a fully
seeded tile
cache.

here's a demo, that's just plain old apache

http://ennoble.dreamhosters.com/maps/tm-kl/

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:05 AM, BradM <masonb at dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote:

> We are using Apache.  The watershed atlas and its tool tips seem to be
> causing the server to choke:
> http://204.244.79.12/mapguide2009/SHIM/Shim.php
>

> Andy Morsell wrote:
> >
> > That's very similar to the thread I started yesterday regarding crashing
> > problems I'm having with MGOS 2.0.1.  I am seeing the same error
> messages
> > in
> > the log files.  Are you using Windows Server / IIS / .NET?
> >
> > Andy Morsell, P.E.
> > Spatial Integrators, Inc.
> > www.SpatialGIS.com

Zac Spitzer -