[mapguide-users] Runtime map problem

padmini godavarthi godavarthi.padmini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:36:38 EST 2008

Hi,
Thanks for u r reply

actually i wrote the code as

    Dim host As New Uri("http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi")
        Dim conn As New HttpServerConnection(host, "Administrator", "admin",
"en", True)
        Dim res As New ResourceIdentifier("Filebased data/Maps/mapdata",
ResourceTypes.MapDefinition)
        Dim mapId As String = res.ResourceId

with that i got the map resource id.

But actually to run the application the url in the browser must be like

http://localhost/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library%3a%2f%2fFilebased+data%2fLayout%2flayout.WebLayout

1) How can i get this weblayout (like
Library%3a%2f%2fFilebased+data%2fLayout%2flayout.WebLayout) programmetically

2) I want to redirect to the ajax viewer sample application through asp.net
(like given by u )
     Response.Redirect("/mapguide/ajaxviewer/?WEBLAYOUT=...resourceId for
your WebLayout...&USERNAME=Anonymous&PASSWORD=");

3) Can u plz tell me the purpose of runtime map (actualli iam in configusing
state)