[mapguide-users] Uploading Shapefile to Map for Immediate DisplayProblem

Greenhough, Jamie JamieGreenhough at sierrasystems.com
Tue Dec 2 18:08:53 EST 2008

Hey Kevin, I checked out your site. I am working on very similar
functionality. My users need to be able to ADD, DELETE, and EDIT
(stylize) layers.

I used the Maestro API to implement the ADD functionality. See one of my
http://www.nabble.com/DWGLoadProcedure-td20016401.html

I also made a layerdefinition factory to create the XML necessary for
creating the .LayerDefintion.

For the layer to show up immediately, after the save, you need to invoke
the Refresh() method from the viewerFrame. I haven't had any luck
calling this method from a ASP user control yet. :(