[mapguide-users] FeatureSet XML returned by QUERYMAPFEATURES for WFS layer

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Thu Dec 4 10:53:46 EST 2008

Dear all

I've modified the PHP sample (Ajax viewer) to show an SDF layer and a WFS
layer.

If I drag-select in the SDF layer, objects are selected (highlighted) as you
would expect, and the Properties pane is updated.

But, if I drag-select in the WFS layer, nothing happens.

The XML returned by the QUERYMAPFEATURES on the SDF layer:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<FeatureInformation>
		<FeatureSet xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSet-1.0.0.xsd">
			<Layer id="1f7704ee-0000-1000-8001-001ec9e5fedc">
				<Class id="Default:10kmGrid">
					<ID>dwgAAA==</ID>
				</Class>
			</Layer>
		</FeatureSet>
		<Tooltip>SJ99</Tooltip>
		<Hyperlink />
		<Property name="..."/>
	</FeatureInformation>

The XML returned by the QUERYMAPFEATURES on the WFS layer:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<FeatureInformation>
		<FeatureSet xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSet-1.0.0.xsd">
		</FeatureSet>
		<Tooltip />
		<Hyperlink />
		<Property name="..." />
	</FeatureInformation>

In other words, the <FeatureSet/> element is empty for the WFS layer.
Presumably this is what's preventing the object being highlighted and the
Properties pane being updated.

Can anyone explain why the XML structure is different?

Many thanks
Stuart