[mapguide-users] gettile method problems

alucas alucas at srtec.com
Sat Dec 6 12:13:13 EST 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to develop a tile pre-generation desktop application. To do this,
I'm using mapguidedotnetapi.dll reference. My program creates a connection
to the server and through the tileservice try to call gettile method for
every tile. My problem is that gettile method fails and returns an xmlstream
exception, then I need to restart the server service because I get a
connection exception.

This is the exception:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20872280/exception.jpg

The exception happens not in the first gettile call, it happens when I
called several times this method. My program is something like this:

for each scalecount
  for each column
    for each row
      tileService.GetTile(mapResId, layerGroupName, c, r, s)

Solutions I tried:

- Modify serverconfig.ini to enable poolconnections for my data.
- Use thread.sleep between iterations
- Use a separate thread to do this work
- Generate tiles only for a scale factor.

This solutions does not work for me.

Any idea?

Sorry for my english...

Thanks in advance