[mapguide-users] FeatureSet XML returned by QUERYMAPFEATURES for WFS layer

randomtask emilio.nicoli at jacobs.com
Tue Dec 9 08:40:16 EST 2008

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:

> You can press the "Edit Extensions" button to set up the primary key.
> If no such "extensions" are entered, the datasource provides the
> information.
> In this case, you can't see it in Maestro.
>
> You can use the DescribeFeatureSchema call to examine the setup of a
> FeatureSource:
> http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/describeschemaform.html
>
> More functions are avalible here:
> http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> gingerbbm skrev:
>> Hi Kenneth
>>

>> Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:
>>
>>> You cannot select items from FeatureSources, if the FeatureSource has no
>>> primary key.
>>>

>> Could you elaborate on this a bit? If I look in Maestro at the XML for a
>> WFS
>> connector, or an SDF connector, or an Oracle connector, there's nothing
>> suggest a primary key. So how does MapGuide know whether one exists in a
>> given data source?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Stuart

Thanks for the feedback on this problem for the lack of Primary Keys in WFS
connectors.

Kenneth, Maestro doesn't let me edit extensions for WFS connectors.  Is it
possible to edit the FeatureSource directly because viewing the XML via
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/describeschemaform.html shows that the
WFS layers don't have keys such as you would expect in any other layer.  I
would expect to for my WFS layer something like this:

<xs:element name="TABLE3D" type="FdoDST:TABLE3DType" abstract="false"
substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature">
  <xs:key name="TABLE3DKey">
	  <xs:selector xpath=".//TABLE3D" />
	  <xs:field xpath="AUTOPK" />
  </xs:key>
</xs:element>
<xs:complexType name="TABLE3DType" abstract="false"
fdo:geometryName="GEOMETRY">
	<xs:complexContent>
	<xs:extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">
		<xs:sequence>
		<xs:element name="AUTOPK">
		  <xs:simpleType>
		     <xs:restriction base="xs:double" />
		  </xs:simpleType>
		</xs:element>
		<xs:element name="GEOMETRY" type="gml:AbstractGeometryType"
fdo:hasMeasure="false" fdo:hasElevation="true" fdo:srsName="Default"
fdo:geometricTypes="point curve surface" fdo:geometryTypes="point multipoint
linestring multilinestring curvestring multicurvestring polygon multipolygon
curvepolygon multicurvepolygon" />
		</xs:element>
	    </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

But, in the case with the WFS connector, this is missing:

<xs:element name="TABLE3D" type="FdoDST:TABLE3DType" abstract="false"
substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature">
  <xs:key name="TABLE3DKey">
	  <xs:selector xpath=".//TABLE3D" />
	  <xs:field xpath="AUTOPK" />
  </xs:key>
</xs:element>

If you try to "Edit Extensions" on a WFS connector your "Feature class to
extend" combobox is empty.

Is there another way to edit this XML?