[mapguide-users] Problem opening a webLayout with predefined selection

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Wed Dec 17 04:07:42 EST 2008

I could propose a patch to fix that problem
The idea would be to verify if the Session://...MapDefinition exist
If it already exist, do not overwrite

Something like this
            bool mapStateIdExist = true;
            MgResourceIdentifier mapStateId = new
MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" + sessionId + "//" + mapName + "." +
MgResourceType.Map);
            try
            {
              MgByteReader tmpReader =
resourceSrvc.GetResourceContent(mapStateId);
            }
            catch(MgException mge)
            {
              mapStateIdExist = false;
            }

Then use the mapStateIdExist flag

            //if MapStateId exist, we should not erase the selection
            if(!mapStateIdExist)
            {
              //create an empty selection object and store it in the session
repository
              MgSelection sel = new MgSelection(map);
              sel.Save(resourceSrvc, mapName);
            }
and

            //if MapStateId exist, we should not overwrite it
            if(!mapStateIdExist)
            {
              map.Save(resourceSrvc, mapStateId);
            }