[mapguide-users] External SHP file Refresh?

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Thu Dec 18 13:16:46 EST 2008

Thanks, that did the trick!

   $OldResourceID = new
MgResourceIdentifier('Library://BASEMAP/1_DATA/SHP.FeatureSource');
    $resourceContent = $resourceSrvc->GetResourceContent($OldResourceID);
    $resourceHeader = $resourceSrvc->GetResourceHeader($OldResourceID);

Now I can access the SHP file as soon as I upload it using the MapGuide API.

Thanks guys!  That is a nice trick.

gordon

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S wrote:

> I actually ran into the same problem yesterday.
> I have not tried to find the explanation, but it seems that some of the
> data (Enumerate Schemas?) is cached.
> The data prewiew shows correct results, but an updated file
> does not show the correct columns in the layer editor.
>
> The fix is to just open the FeatureSource and click the "Save" button.
> Programatically this can be done with a GetResource() then SetResource()
> call sequence.
>
> Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S
>

> GordonL skrev:
>> Thanks Dave,
>> that is true, the SHP does appear when refreshing within Studio Preview
>> window, but it is still not available to the code.  I wonder if there is
>> SESSION based version of a Data Preview "refresh" so that I can see the
>> new
>> shp file in the Alias folder...
>>
>> gordon
>>

>> Dave Wilson-3 wrote:
>>
>>> Open your Data Connection and save it again. You could preview to ensure
>>> it picks up the new files first. This assumes of course you have MG
>>> Studio. Not sure if any of the other tools have the previews.
>>>
>>> Dave

>>> server.
>>> 2. Programatically connect to the SHP Data Connection that points to
>>> that
>>> folder.
>>> 3. Loops over the Features, harvesting coordinates for inserts into
>>> Oracle