[mapguide-users] Tooltip and URL Layer Definition Parsing

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Feb 6 10:20:49 EST 2008

If you want to parse a general tooltip string, you have to find
documentation on which FDO SQL constructs are avalible.
You will most likely spend a lot of time on this, since it includes
tokenization, operator precedence and other parsing aspects.
 It is not parsed by the javascript.

The FDO library can be imported in C# (.Net 2.0+), and you should be
able to get the FDO library to parse it for you.

An easier approach would be to try giving the expression to a select
statement executed on the datasource.
I have not tried this.

If you get it to work, it would be great if you shared your findings.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S