[mapguide-users] Tooltip and URL Layer Definition Parsing

BruceWeston ross at ime.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 11:17:52 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I have a .NET application using mapguide and I want to get the information
from a layer tooltip field out as a string and parse it. I have now got to
the stage where I can read the XML definition of the layer and pull out the
ToolTip and URL as strings in my C# code

So, as an example, in the XML layer definition I have
<ToolTip>concat('http://www.testurl.com/Documents/PDFs/', concat("Name",
'.pdf'))</ToolTip> and I want to display
http://www.testurl.com/Documents/PDFs/blah.pdf in my code. (yes I know
that's a URL but you get the point).

Has anyone written a function in c# to parse this? I'm assuming it's some
kind of FDO language that has the concat functions etc, but now I think on
it, could it be that javascript parses it automatically?

Any help much appreciated!

Ross