[mapguide-users] FDO 3.3 broke SDF files

J Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Wed Feb 13 12:47:49 EST 2008

We had some sdf files working fine on our production site using MGOS 1.2, and
I transferred them to a test machine to configure our site with MGOS 2.0.x
and test our data. When I tried connecting to the files in Studio 2009, the
connection tests successful, but the layers give an error stating "Resource
ID does not refer to a valid feature source." This only happens for three of
our layers; all the rest seem to provide valid feature data. If I do not
delete the invalid layers from our map, when they are visible, I get the
following error message returned in FireBug for the QUERYMAPFEATURES
operation:

<head>
<title>MgInvalidArgumentException</title>
</head>
<h2>Invalid argument(s):
	[1] = "-1"
The value is invalid because it is too small.</h2>
Invalid argument(s):
	[1] = "-1"
The value is invalid because it is too small.
Exception occurred in method MgDataPropertyDefinition::ValidateArgument at
line 275 in file d:\buildforgeprojects
\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_19.3\mgdev\common\platformbase\Services/DataPropertyDefinition.cpp

Assumingly unrelated to this problem, I am unable to select valid layers on
the map that should be selectable; if I drag and highlight a point object,
the status bar does not update with any features selected, and I am returned
another error message for Query.php in FireBug stating

Object not foundERROR: The specified object was not found.
The specified object was not found.
Exception occurred in method GetItem at line 117 in file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2
.0\build_19.3\mgdev\common\foundation\Data/NamedCollection.cpp
- GetItem line 117 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_19.3\mgdev\common\foundation
\Data/NamedCollection.cpp
{"hasSelection":false}

As a precaution, I wanted to make sure that transferring the files from our
production machine to this test machine did not corrupt/destroy them in any
way, so I tried setting up these maps in a MGOS 1.2 setup on the test
machine. I successfully got the maps up and running, with all features
selectable and working properly and all of our scripts in tact.

If anyone has any ideas on why the newest FDO might have broken our sdf
files or how to further troubleshoot this matter, all help is appreciated.

Thanks.