[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.0 search functionality limited?

J Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Thu Feb 14 13:05:22 EST 2008

I've been messing around with the Search widget in MGOS 2.0 rc3 in the
Sheboygan samples, and it seems that the search functionality doesn't
change. What I mean is that the initial search was done by acreage, and it
returned the same results no matter what value you entered. So, I tried
changing the the search string...first from

'RACRE' > '$USER_VARIABLE' to 'RSQFT' > '$USER_VARIABLE'. (with html
special characters)

It returned the same results regardless of the number I input. So, instead
of the $USER_VARIABLE, I tried a set value, like 450000 sq.ft., and it
returned the same values. I tried changing it to recognize string
comparisons, like

'RNAME' LIKE 'AUTO%' for Autozone in District 1

and it didn't even return a result, it just said 'NO MATCHES'.
The only thing I have been able to do with the search is reduce the matches
from the default, or change the column data printed out.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue with using the default search widget?