[mapguide-users] MG 2.0 RC4 selection ALMOST working

Jonathan Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Thu Feb 21 13:54:37 EST 2008

We realized about the Selection widgets, and we went ahead and included
those in the ApplicationDefinition.xml files that we used. We also noted
that the selection does indeed work with the Sheboygan maps, and as soon
as you select parcels, the map refreshes to indicate your selection, as
well as the SelectionInfo widget shows your selected objects. However,
we used the included Aqua ApplicationDefinition.xml template and only
changed the .MapDefinition files to reflect our maps instead of
Sheboygan and added our custom scripts/urls as widgets to test, and we
are having the selection issues. I even removed everything external to
the initial Aqua template except for one of our maps to load, and the
same thing occurs.

Also of note:
I used the FireBug extension to see the GET and POST commands, and when
running the Sheboygan sample, the selection command issues a POST of
.../fusion/MapGuide/php/Query.php followed by POST
.../fusion/MapGuide/php/Selection.php, whereas our maps only issue POST
of .../fusion/MapGuide/php/Query.php.  I don't know if that has anything
to do with the SelectionInfo showing selected objects for Sheboygan and
not for us, or if all of these issues are just interrelated.

Jonathan