[mapguide-users] Terrabyte Size Raster Image Data Handling

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 22:45:27 EST 2008

Hi All,

             I have some project with 8-10 terrabyte size of raster image data covering the whole area , The raster images are basically from LANDSAT $MODIS  Satellite as well as  Orthophotos ,All these images can be converted into *.ecw files, Finally we have to develop a web based application which can show raster images of the whole area overlaid with vector data,i want some suggestion that will it be possible to go with Autodesk Mapguide(OS or Enterprise) in order to develop this kind of solution as compared to ER Mapper Image Web Server ,and if possible then how can i store those images and retrieve using autodesk map guide.We are using SAN for storing the Vector and Raster Data.

Thks
Max